Home Learning Resources
Zoom with us weekly!
TUESDAY's 1:30 PM (Eastern Time)
What's happening: Ask Toya LIVE!
Topic: Stay Fit & Active! - scheduled for June 2nd
Video Conference Etiquette:
- Mute your microphone when necessary, use the hands-up, chat features.Mute your microphone when necessary.
- Zoom has a “Mute Microphone” option that cuts down on ambient feedback for the audience. When there is a lot of back-and-forth discussion you will turn this off, but you should mute yourself when listening to a presenter.
- Use Zoom’s chat function.
- You can send a question or statement privately to the host
- Think about your actions on camera.
From one of our past ZOOM calls:
Tips from a Life Coach - Jo-Ann Houston
Having issues sleeping click here
Virtual Field Trips
1. ThoughtCo.: Explore the World From Your Home
2. Waterford: favorite virtual field trips for elementary school students
3. Trip Savvy: Virtual Field Trips for Kids of All Ages
4. USAToday: Virtual tours you can take
5. 25 Nature Webcams for Science:
1. PBS Learning Media: Bring the World to Your Home
2. Today: Everyday learning lessons in all the school subjects
3. Parent Toolkit: One-stop resource for parents
4. Homeschool: Database of free curriculum and other educational resources
5. Khan Academy: For every student, every classroom
6. Homeschool: Free printables and worksheets
Breaking news! New Distance Learning resources
1. Bored Teachers: 42 Fun Websites to Learn and Teach Social Studies From
2. Bored Teachers: 40 Science Websites to Keep Kids Engaged and
Entertained at Home
3. Bored Teachers:50 Online Art and Music Resources to Help Kids Learn and
Create from Home
4. Learning A-Z: Virtual Support for Learning
5. Bored Teachers: +50 Awesome Reading and Writing Websites to Keep Kids
Learning at Home
6. Bored Teachers: These FREE Online Resources Can Help Continue Kids’
Learning From Home
7. Bored Teachers: 40 Best Online Math Resources for All Grade Levels
1. ABCYA: Practice math and reading skills while playing games
2. Switch Zoo: Fun games about animals
3. Fun Brain: Play games while practicing math and reading skills
4. Adapted Mind: Turn real math into a delightful game
5. Nat Geo for Kids: Explore the world while you are learning geography and
6. Hour of Code: Learn how to code while playing games.
7. Tynker: Create your own mindcraft world using program coding
8. Book World: Read your favorite book using your local virtual library
Waooooo! New awesome videos
1. Next Generation Science: Fun educational videos
1. Special Education Home School: Therapy at Home
2. Very Well Health: How To Calm a Child with Autism
3. Wiki Lawn: How To Create a Sensory Safe Backyard
4. Child Mind Institute: Treating Sensory Processing Issues
5. CDC - Caring for Children While School is Out